Thursday 21 April 2016

Combination of Two Axonometrics

Combination of Two Axonometrics

This is a combination of two axonometrics, one of which was transformed into a curvilinear shape using the SketchUp Artisan subdivide+smooth tool. One imported into the UNSW Lumion landscape, a wood texture was added. I also added various grasses on top of some of the block structures to see if they could perhaps function as small rooftop garden beds. Once again, people were added to give an idea of the scale of the model.

As for my 'Electroliquid Aggregation' (band name idea?) sentence, I decided to combine 'marriage of form and function', from client Jorn Utzon and 'A mechanism for gathering and community'. And what I came out with was...

'A mechanism for marrying community, form and function.'



Curvilinear shape in this screenshot was developed from the axonometric in the last blog post. I prefer this more organic shape for my tram stop, as it would be more comfortable and appears to be more natural.



The plants work really well on top of the block structures, I will look into developing them as a part of my final design.



The 'tunnel' that was created in one of the block structures could serve as a good way of changing an individual's perspective as they step onto the tram stop. They would be transported into a different space, rather than just stepping up onto a platform. It could also serve to frame another architecture or sculpture for those already standing on the tram stop.


Axonometrics From Week 2





1 comment:

  1. Hi May. This is looking very interesting indeed. I like you're electroliquid aggregation, it has definitely created a new concept all together. I particularly like your integration of nature + architecture... very suitable for our chosen architect clients, I think they would be proud. Use it sparingly and it will work to your benefit. I am still hanging out to see you're sketches? I thought we agreed they would be posted last Wednesday???

    ReplyDelete